Thursday, July 12, 2012

Oh DannyBoy It's Spiderman



Hello All

Those of you who know me, know that I tend to be a very silly person. I can be very serious, I actually have short fuse which MAY surprise you! Ok, probably not. Unfortunately, many of you have been around when I've sort of...blown up. What can I say; I'm not very good at hiding my emotions. Some days, I'm honestly surprised that anyone talks to me.

But I digress...

And...back to silly. That's me! I love performing and when I was younger, I was all about being very DRAMATIC and making people cry. Now, not so much. I love to make people laugh. Plus, being silly is just more fun.

Last year, at a Miramichi Kitchen Party on the Irish Festival weekend I participated outside of my comfort zone: I sang. Normally I serve and clear the desserts and whatnot, but until that night, I'd never worked up the courage to volunteer to bust out a tune. Now, you may be confused. Welcome to my world. It's a glorious place confusion, is it not? Are you not sure? Have you forgotten what we're talking about? Are you confused? Welcome to my world....

OOOPs! Ok, I'm back. Now, you may be confused and be thinking "But, Cindy, why would singing be out of your comfort zone? I thought you loved to perform!" And oh, my trusty blog fans, you are correct, but I'm only super duper in my comfortable performing zone when I'm ACTING. When I sing, I feel more like "ME" than another person and "ME" gets nervous about singing. "ME" will get a tight throat and sing like a church mouse. "ME" has hardly ever sung solo in public.

So the cure for calming annoying, throat clogging, vocal chord tightening nerves is simple: Sing a Silly Song.

Last year at the Miramichi Kitchen Party I mentioned before, I sang a most glorious rendition of "Spiderman" to tune of the Irish Classic "Danny Boy". It was a feat of glory that I hope to repeat tomorrow evening, but as sneaky peak for all you out there in Blog Land, I give you the video version.

Here you go my dears. a little song I like to call 
"SPOIDERMAN".




I hope you enjoyed this extremely silly moment, brought to you by me. It's not the best quality video I'll grant you, but I think you can still really feel the raw emotion that is felt when one sings about Spiderman and all that he does for his city.  I'd like to send out an apology to the lovely Irish man who witnessed me sing this last year. After the show he came up to me, shook his fist and said "Tanks a lot! Now I won't be able to 'ear Danny Boy without hearin' bloody Spoiderman!"

I wonder if he'll ever find it in his heart to forgive me...

Good night my fans and remember to always be,

As Silly as Cin

3 comments:

sjb said...

Clap clap clap clap.

Kari said...

woman of many talents! u go girl :)

Anonymous said...

:) Thanks guys. Simon...I hope you were standing when you were clapping...